HOW MUCH TIME SHOULD I SCHEDULE?
All of our tanning services use NORVELL hand held spray solutions. Norvell is the #1 selling spray tan brand, most trusted for a natural looking phenomenal tan. Their products are gluten free, paraben free, sulfate free, cruelty free, vegan & non-comedogenic. We carry 9 Norvell solution colors in a variety of tones and depths, all with Norvell’s countering orange technology. Your perfect custom shade ready rain or shine.
PICK YOUR SOLUTION
- Our certified tanning artists will match you with the solution that is right for your skin tone, skin type and lifestyle. Not all solutions work for everyone but our Norvell rule of thumb,
> Fair tone guests do best with our Venetian Solutions because of the violet undertone that helps prevent orange tones.
> Medium to dark tone guests do best with our Dark Solutions because of the golden natural undertones.
> Guests with dry chronic dry skin should avoid our ONE HOUR solutions as they set into the skin quickly and can over pigment fair toned skin.
> Our “Dark Side” Solutions, give a darker result then their “Base” counterparts and are best when used for your second or third tan in a series.
SUNLESS SPRAY TANNING Frequently asked questions
How long does it take?
Our tanning service is approximately 15 minutes long from check in to check out, and our tanning area is fully private on the first floor of our salon with two more tanning stations coming soon to our second floor. After your tan, you can dress immediately, NO DRYING TIME NEEDED!
Our solutions contain a cosmetic bronzer that gives you beautiful instant results.
PREP BEFORE YOU TAN?
4 - 12 hours before your tan you will want to prep the skin with gentle cleansing & exfoliation to remove dead skin cells on the surface of your epidermis. This is the best time to shave or use other methods of hair removal.
Tip - a terry cloth or a soft bristle brush is great for gentle exfoliation.
After showering hydrate your skin with a tan compatible moisturizer to promote even and deep tan results.
Once at the salon, we provide our guests with a hot spa towel to remove any make up, deodorant or lotions applied that day, while also opening your pores with steamy warm moisture. Its the best part!
What do I wear during and after?
- We always want you to feel comfortable. You have the option to dress down to your comfort level for your tan. Some guests choose to wear undergarments while receiving a spray tan and some people prefer to go naked to avoid tan lines.
- Directly after your tan, we suggest you wear loose dark fitting clothing while your tan is absorbing.
- Hair nets, Nose filters and eye protection is provided upon request.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- Your spray tan will last 5 – 7 days if cared for properly. With regular tanning your tan may last up to 10 days. There are a few ways to extend the life of your tan:
- Tip 1 - Drink water. A healthy water intake is great for your whole body, but it will also hydrate your skin and help with a healthy acid mantle.
- Tip 2 - Moisturize your skin regularly to boost the hydration from the outside and promote health skin cell turn over. Stay away from oils or lotions that contain waxy ingredients like “Petrolatum” as they may inhibit the absorption of your next tan and hinder hydration.
- Tip 3 - Follow our prep and post care to the T! It is the best way to get long life from your tanning service.
- Ask about our tanning packages and our Sunless Tan Membership!
WHAT IS POST CARE?
- Norvell recommends that clients do not get wet after their spray or self-tan. No showering, swimming or working out for at least 8 hours.
- Wait 24 hours before showering or getting your skin fully wet. Over this time your tan will darken as the DHA solution reacts with your body’s acid mantle.
- In the shower you will see a brown tint to the water, but do not worry, this is just the cosmetic bronzer that was in your spray tan solution and not your true tan. Tip, use a gentle natural bar soap instead of a loofa to keep from fading your tan.
- Consider blotting your body with your towel to dry instead of rubbing to retain the darkened surface skin cells.
- Soaking in water including bathtubs, pools, ocean or lakes will increase the cell turn over and may result in early fading.
Is it uncomfortable?
- Your spray tan artist, will make your environment as welcoming as possible, but Norvell airbrush machines are not heated. When the solution is sprayed onto your skin it may be slightly cool. But the spray tan application takes approximately 5 – 7 minutes.
What do you mean by certified artist?
- When receiving an sunless tan, you’ll be sprayed by a professional spray tan artist. If your spray tan artist is using Norvell products, you can ask them if they have been certified in Norvell training under the Norvell University program.
- Our artists at TBM also participate in a hand on training program with our master Artist to ensure you are receiving the absolute best quality tan.