SOMETHING BeYOUtiful IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN
TBM TANNING ARTISTS
Our TBM artists offer FLAT RATE PRICING based on their professional experiance level with no tips or fees at check out!
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR FLAT RATE PRICING
What is FLAT RATE PRICING? It is a pricing structure well known and practiced in the UK for decades, that makes it easier than ever to know what to BOOK and what it will COST. It means,
NO TIPS. NO FEES. NO NICKLE & DIME ADD ON COSTS. EVER.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
Professional flat rates, allow us to customize service times for each guest and their needs with clear cost for the guest. Why is this important? Because our craft is variable, and a one size fits all service time and cost won’t produce the same look on two different guests. Each guest has a unique canvas and will need a unique sequence of services to get to their goal. By customizing each reservation, we ensure the artist will have the correct amount of time needed to achieve that goal with the upmost quality and care people have come to know from TBM.
At TBM we have many levels of experienced artists with our Beaux & Bridges Career Training Program. Each artist provides pricing based on their professional experience in their field with their provided services and specialties. Less experienced artists have lower hourly rates while completing their hands on training under the wing of an advanced or master artist. Less experienced artists may require longer service times while more advanced artists, have higher rates but also the added value of speed and knowledge.
Why no TIP? As professionals with a distinct scope of practice, we provide our guests with the value of our knowledge, expertise and artistry that has taken years of education, dedication, and investment to perfect. Our time and knowledge are a valuable collection, and our flat rates reflect that value so tipping becomes unnecessary. Our guests can relax and enjoy their service, one on one with their artist knowing their cost upfront and skipping the stress and pressure of “tip etiquette” at check out.
Our hand sprayed custom tan is like no other. Each one of our tanning artists is certified with Norvell Sunless Inc. along with in depth hands on training.
Our Dark or Venetiam Solutions with a Amplify BOOST!
Service time of 15 minutes
BETHANY ASKEW $55
SARA KOFOD $40
THE DARK SIDE
LEVEL UP and come on over to the dark side with our Double Dark or Venetian Plus or COSMO ( a combination tone of Dark and Venetian) Solutions and an Amplify BOOST!
Service time of 15 minutes
BETHANY ASKEW $65
SARA KOFOD $50
In a hurry? Don’t worry you still have time for a quicky! Our ONE hour tanning solutions allow you to rinse with warm water 1 - 3 hours after your tan instead of waiting the full 24 hours. Great for guests that with a busy schedule! with Includes our Rapid One or Venetian One Solutions and an Amplify BOOST!
Service time of 15 minutes
BETHANY ASKEW $75
SARA KOFOD $60
FOREVER TAN MEMBERSHIP
per month + tax
one time $99 enrollment fee
OFFERED WITH ARTISTS
Sara Kofod & Bethany Askew
includes - “the base”
> Our premium solutions in Dark or Venetian formulas.
> Tanning is recommended every 7 - 10 days for best results.
> Amplify BOOST with every tan!
> Unlimited Cosmetic BRONZE BOOSTS!
> Solution upgrades available!
TBM is a PROUD SPONSOR of the
MVHS Cheer Team SINCE 2021!
SUNLESS SPRAY TANNING
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take?
Our tanning service is approximately 15 minutes long from check in to check out, and our tanning area is fully private on the first floor of our salon with two more tanning stations coming soon to our second floor. After your tan, you can dress immediately, NO DRYING TIME NEEDED!
Our solutions contain a cosmetic bronzer that gives you beautiful instant results.
PREP BEFORE YOU TAN?
4 - 12 hours before your tan you will want to prep the skin with gentle cleansing & exfoliation to remove dead skin cells on the surface of your epidermis. This is the best time to shave or use other methods of hair removal.
Tip - a terry cloth or a soft bristle brush is great for gentle exfoliation.
After showering hydrate your skin with a tan compatible moisturizer to promote even and deep tan results.
Once at the salon, we provide our guests with a hot spa towel to remove any make up, deodorant or lotions applied that day, while also opening your pores with steamy warm moisture. Its the best part!
What do I wear during and after?
- We always want you to feel comfortable. You have the option to dress down to your comfort level for your tan. Some guests choose to wear undergarments while receiving a spray tan and some people prefer to go naked to avoid tan lines.
- Directly after your tan, we suggest you wear loose dark fitting clothing while your tan is absorbing.
- Hair nets, Nose filters and eye protection is provided upon request.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- Your spray tan will last 5 – 7 days if cared for properly. With regular tanning your tan may last up to 10 days. There are a few ways to extend the life of your tan:
- Tip 1 - Drink water. A healthy water intake is great for your whole body, but it will also hydrate your skin and help with a healthy acid mantle.
- Tip 2 - Moisturize your skin regularly to boost the hydration from the outside and promote health skin cell turn over. Stay away from oils or lotions that contain waxy ingredients like “Petrolatum” as they may inhibit the absorption of your next tan and hinder hydration.
- Tip 3 - Follow our prep and post care to the T! It is the best way to get long life from your tanning service.
- Ask about our tanning packages and our Sunless Tan Membership!
HOW DO I CHOOSE A SOLUTION?
- Our certified tanning artists will match you with the solution that is right for your skin tone, skin type and lifestyle. Not all solutions work for everyone but our Norvell rule of thumb,
> Fair tone guests do best with our Venetian Solutions because of the violet undertone that helps prevent orange tones.
> Medium to dark tone guests do best with our Dark Solutions because of the golden natural undertones.
> Guests with dry chronic dry skin should avoid our ONE HOUR solutions as they set into the skin quickly and can over pigment fair toned skin.
> Our “Dark Side” Solutions, give a darker result then their “Base” counterparts and are best when used for your second or third tan in a series.
GOING ON A TRIP? GOT AN EVENT?
Our sunless tan is a great option for the wow effect for your vacation or special event. We recommend a series of 2-3 tans before your event date as our sunless tan does build on itself resulting in a better finish each visit. The very best days for your tan will be days 2-4 so we will want to coordinate your final tan for the day before your event or trip when possible. Once that service is scheduled we would create reservations for the other series tans 7-10 days apart.
WHAT PRODUCTS DO WE USE?
All of our tanning services use NORVELL hand held spray solutions. Norvell is the #1 selling spray tan brand, most trusted for a natural looking phenomenal tan. Their products are gluten free, paraben free, sulfate free, cruelty free, vegan & non-comedogenic. We carry 9 Norvell solution colors in a variety of tones and depths, all with Norvell’s countering orange technology. Your perfect custom shade ready rain or shine.
WHAT IS POST CARE?
- Norvell recommends that clients do not get wet after their spray or self-tan. No showering, swimming or working out for at least 8 hours.
- Wait 24 hours before showering or getting your skin fully wet. Over this time your tan will darken as the DHA solution reacts with your body’s acid mantle.
- In the shower you will see a brown tint to the water, but do not worry, this is just the cosmetic bronzer that was in your spray tan solution and not your true tan. Tip, use a gentle natural bar soap instead of a loofa to keep from fading your tan.
- Consider blotting your body with your towel to dry instead of rubbing to retain the darkened surface skin cells.
- Soaking in water including bathtubs, pools, ocean or lakes will increase the cell turn over and may result in early fading.
Is it uncomfortable?
- Your spray tan artist, will make your environment as welcoming as possible, but Norvell airbrush machines are not heated. When the solution is sprayed onto your skin it may be slightly cool. But the spray tan application takes approximately 5 – 7 minutes.
What do you mean by certified artist?
- When receiving an sunless tan, you’ll be sprayed by a professional spray tan artist. If your spray tan artist is using Norvell products, you can ask them if they have been certified in Norvell training under the Norvell University program.
- Our artists at TBM also participate in a hand on training program with our master Artist to ensure you are receiving the absolute best quality tan.
would you like to model for training?
- As a new artist get certified with Norvell, they enter into a hands on training period. Models get a deep discount for their support of our artists education. Model tanning price $28
- Models tan twice with us for training.
- First visit 15-30 minutes. The training artist will spray with a training solution that does not contain the gradual tanning ingredients. Instead, it is a cosmetic bronzer only that allows the trainee to practice their technique with out the pressure of mistakes with live solution.
- Second visit. We ask this visit be the following day of their first visit if possible. This visit our trainee will be spraying with LIVE solution that will build a tan over 24 hours.
- Please see the Model Registration form for more details on model services.